Monday, February 14, 2011

Hotel Raffle Incoming - NOVA Open Lodging

Quick little PSA -

We're still working out the details of how we'll run it, but expect that there will be a raffle for those who reserve and actually stay in a room at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City.  The # of tickets you get for the raffle will be directly relevant to how early you reserve your hotel room (which is a free reservation), plus you'll have to actually stay in it when go-time arrives :) (we'll do the drawing on Sunday of the Convention).

Prizes may range as high as 1 x $1,000 cash prize, and 4 x $250 cash prizes, for those who win the raffle drawing.  So, if you're coming to the NOVA in 2011, grab a hotel room now using the room block link on the website, which I'll duplicate here:

NOVA OPEN HOTEL RESERVATIONS

Staying at the Hyatt Regency during the convention is HIGHLY advised regardless of where you're attending from (even locally).  In addition to the actual tournaments occurring there, there will be bar socials, evening events, 24 hour open gaming, various competitions and side events, vendors, and the like all happening around the clock.  Beyond that, the hotel has free shuttle provision to the Metro, and to Reagan National Airport, so you can avoid any parking fees or difficulties if you're a local OR a traveler by flying into Reagan or metro'ing from the DC/MD/VA region directly to the hotel.

We'll have full details on this one, and a lot more, very soon, but the long story short for now is RESERVE YOUR HOTEL ROOMS EARLY.  Not only does it guarantee you a room, but it advances your chances at winning significant cash prizes simply by staying at the Hyatt during the Convention.  This will be limited to those whose name is on the reservations (so, if you're splitting rooms, you can figure out how to split potential winnings, or get your own room!).

6 comments:

  1. Mike, Couldn't get it to work. I got a message saying no lodgings were found in the search. Am I doing something wrong?

    Also I wasn't able to extend the stay in either direction.

    Thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try again ... whacky thing they had going for that; had 'em fix it up. Let me know if it works now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Works now. I had to modify the dates anyway based on my schedule. Anyway, my room's reserved, whee! Need any sort of confirmation info?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm already reserved. How many tickets do I get? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am locked and loaded. Fritz is coming too! I shared some of the info Brandt sent me and he could not resist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Registered and good to go. The wife and I have our room set. Give me raffle tickets!!!! But seriously...cheapest hotel I'm staying at this year for an event. Good job Mike.

    ReplyDelete